- 2.5kg Otway Pork shoulder/easy carve leg roast
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 bunch rosemary, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch thyme, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch oregano, leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 800 grams baby kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
Slow-cooked pork shoulder
Prep: 30 mins
Cooking: 6 hrs
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Combine, onion, garlic, lemon rind, herbs and 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a bowl with 1 tsp each salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a large heavy-based casserole with a lid over high heat. Season pork and add to casserole. Cook, turning, for 15-20 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove pork and line casserole base with potatoes. Return pork to casserole on top of potatoes and spread onion mixture around the pork. Add stock and bring to the boil, then cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for 3 hours or until pork is very tender.
Increase oven temperature to 220°C and cook, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until pork is golden.
Transfer the pork to a serving platter and drizzle over some of the cooking juices. Serve with a mixed green leaf salad, kipfler potato and onion mixture.
You might also want to try
Let's keep in touch
Sign up to the Otway Pork Newsletter to stay up to date with new product releases, latest news and great recipes.