The Pastoral Pork Company is a leading, vertically integrated Outdoor Bred pork producer supplying premium branded product under the Otway Pork label. Situated West of Melbourne, farms are located between Geelong and the South Australia border.
We are currently seeking several farm hands to join our teams throughout Western Victoria in the Edenhope area for an immediate start. The successful candidate will need to have a positive can-do attitude, keen interest in farming, work productively autonomously and in a team and practical farm skills and general farm maintenance that can be applied to various onsite tasks.
As a farm hand you will be responsible for the day to day duties including;
- Hands-on with Sows and piglets
- Observe animal health and environment
- Daily checks including water and feed
- Other general farm duties.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Strong commitment to safety, health and environment procedures
- Be consistently punctual and reliable
- Pig production is a 365 day industry, so you will be required to work some weekends and public holidays.
- Prior farm experience will be an advantage
- Demonstrate flexibility to take on a range of tasks across the farm.
Previous experience working outdoors with animals would be highly regarded along with a current car licence.
Please forward your resume to the HR & Safety manager: firstname.lastname@example.org